St Elizabeth’s Catholic Primary School is a Catholic Primary School under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Shrewsbury, and is part of the Corpus Christi Catholic Academy Trust.
As an academy, the Governing Body is the Admissions Authority and is responsible for taking decisions on applications for admissions.
If you would like a Nursery place please contact the school office: 0161 437 3890.
If you would like a Reception place please apply through Manchester Education Authority, Store St, Manchester M12WD
See website link: https://secure.manchester.gov.uk/info/705/school_admissions
If you would like to apply for a Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 or Year 6 place within an academic year, then please apply through Manchester Education Authority, Store St, Manchester M12WD.. See website link: https://secure.manchester.gov.uk/info/705/school_admissions
You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful. You can find out further information from Manchester Local Authority here.
To view our Admissions Policy for 2023 - 2024 click here
To view our Admissions Policy for 2024 - 2025 click here
Current Oversubscription Criteria:
Where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Catholic looked after and previously looked after children. (see notes 2&3)
- Catholic children who are resident in the parish of St. Elizabeth’s as defined in its historical boundaries up to 2010. (see notes 3)
- Other Catholic children. (see note 3)
- Other looked after and previously looked after children. (see note 2)
- Any other children.
Within each of the categories listed above, the following provision will be applied.
- The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (1) above (see note 4).