Welcome to the PTA page of our website.
As Parents and Carers of children at St Elizabeth’s you are automatically enrolled as a member of the PTA. Our primary purpose is:
‘To support the children and staff at the school by raising funds and contributing to activities which enrich the education and build community amongst members (all parents, staff and students).’
How do we do this?
Throughout the year we hold a variety of events that we hope will appeal to as many people as possible and raise as much as possible for school funds. We also approach businesses for support and even as a newly established organisation we have found that there are many who are willing to contribute to our cause.
How can you help?
The motto of our school is ‘Let Your Light Shine’. This is our opportunity to lead by example and show our children that they’re not the only one’s with some get up and go! There are loads of ways you can help and any contributions you can make are most welcome. Things like:
- Where possible attend meetings. We try and vary times and days to accommodate the range of shift pattens and other commitments that we recognise people have. Keep an eye out on the website and in the newsletter for details of the next meeting - we’re a friendly bunch and the meetings can be (dare I say it) quite fun!
- Get involved in as many events as possible and have fun with us and your children. Strut your stuff at disco’s, enter cakes in the bake off’s and welly wang your way to a prize at the summer fair.
- Volunteer your talents for events when we put out requests for events eg are you a fantastic face painter or can you sell some raffle tickets, can you spare some time to (wo)man a stall at the summer fair or are you an amazing DJ. The list goes on……..
- Investigate whether your company offers fundmatching for events or if they will sponsor events/donate prizes or simply make a donation. Many do if we ask.
- Keep an eye on the website for upcoming events and new additions to our fundraising portfolio.
Whatever you can do it all goes to making our school community stronger and all money goes towards improving the experience of our children in their time at St Elizabeth’s.
So come and join us….. You know you want to!