Our school recognises there are particular groups of pupils whose circumstances require additional consideration by those who work with them to support their SEND. Some children, at some time in their school life might have additional or different needs and it may be that they will be on our SEND register for a short period or a long period of time. Children’s needs will therefore be reassessed regularly in order to ensure that the provision is suitable and supports every child’s development.
Our SENDCO, oversees the operation of the SEND Policy and works alongside class teachers to coordinate provision for children with SEND. The class teacher will plan for the child and use regular assessment to ensure that progress in every area is made. This is Quality First Teaching and is where the work is highly differentiated and suits the needs of all children; it comes in the form of a lesson rather than an intervention programme.
Miss J Dwan is our school SENDCO and she can be contacted by emailing at email@example.com.
We believe that all teachers are teachers of children with SEND and it is therefore a whole school responsibility to ensure that these children’s needs are addressed. Through staff working together as the team, and in partnership with pupils and their parents, we strive to ensure that the following aims are met.
We are committed to ensure that all pupils:
- Have access to the whole school curriculum and all school activities.
- Achieve to the best of their abilities, despite any difficulty or disability they may have.
- Have teaching staff who are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all pupils, teaching pupils in a way that is more appropriate to their needs.
- Gain in confidence and improve their self-esteem.
- Are supported by parents/ carers, staff and relevant external agencies in order to meet their special educational needs and disabilities.
- Who need special consideration to support their needs (whether these are educational, social, physical or emotional) are identified at the earliest opportunity.
- Receive suitable provision to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum.
- Are encouraged to be independent, resilient and have a greater sense of self-worth.
- Have an entitlement to celebrate their achievements.
Key SEND documents can be downloaded below:
Latest Information on the Manchester Local Offer